Thursday, February 3, 2011

Heat Wave





A mammoth storm has incapacitated much of the United States and here in Austin it has left us mostly alone but with much colder temperatures than usual.  Thus leaving yours truly dreaming of warmer, summer days filled with sunshine and trips to Town Lake (Monday anyone?!?!).  Although I really shouldn't complain in light of my home state's below freezing temps and literally feet of snow, I wanted to share a few things I have been daydreaming about wearing on said sunny days.  This J.Crew two piece is a flashback to an iconic time where Marilyn Monroe graced the silver screen (and I have a little gym time to put in before this is an option).  If you have not ever had a pair of Havianas, get one.  Now.  They are by far the best, most comfortable pair of flip flops I have ever owned.  I once found my sister a pair at Ross (I know right?) for $6.  A straw tote is a must have for summer.  Enough said.  This one is from J.Crew.  I am loving this Rachel Pally dress via Piperlime because it is so simple and stripes are oh-so-of-the-moment.  Finally, the cherry on the sundae; a classic pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarers in tortoise.  Love.  (sigh)  This has made me feel warmer already.  But let me get back to you when the thermometer reads 110. 

No comments:

Post a Comment