Tuesday, February 8, 2011

To leopard? Or not to leopard? That is the question.



A while back I posted a picture of this coat.  I actually own and love this coat.  I mean LOVE.  The weight is perfect for Austin "winter" and it jazzes up jeans and a t-shirt/cardigan situation.  I have seen so many similar coats of my favorite blogs.  Fashion Toast, Somethin Navy, Cupcakes and Cashmere, Stockholm Street Style and the list could go on and on.  (see the blog roll on the right to check out these awesome blogs).  Oddly though when I wear this coat, although I feel fabulous in it, someone, usually a guy, almost always commetns on it.  The comments are not really complimentary nor are they especially derogatory...they are just...odd.  If you follow fashion at all you know that leopard print is absolutely EVERY WHERE.  Shoes, coats, cardigans, tops, belts, bags, scarves etc.  I have long been a lover of leopard print and have adopted my friend Kim's theory that leopard print is in fact a neutral.  However, I have seen several polls in magazines lately that guys are not necessarily fans of the fun print.  Between this and the comments I have receieved, I am wondering where everyone else falls in the great leopard debate?  Personally I will keep rocking it because I love it.  And I dress for myself...most of the time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment